Your Tenth Day of Chirstmas Gift| Showers’ Blessing Inspires
Posted by Jacqui Showers
The “True Love” mentioned in the song doesn’t refer to an earthly suitor, but it refers to God Himself. The “me” who receives the presents refers to every believer. The ten lords-a-leaping represent the ten commandments: You shall have no other gods before me; Do not make an idol; Do not take God’s name in vain; Remember the Sabbath Day; Honor your father and mother; Do not murder; Do not commit adultery; Do not steal; Do not bear false witness; Do not covet. I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. Ex 20:2-17 (KJV)
I do hope that you enjoy this gift of love on the eighth day of Christmas. It is my desire that these words of encouragement will propel you further down your path of success.
Begin With the Person in the Mirror
Michael Jackson’s hit single, “Man In The Mirror,” places the responsibility of transformation on each of us, not just for ourselves but our environment as well. The song included the lines, “I’m starting with the man in the mirror. I’m asking him to change his ways. . . If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and then make a change.” What a powerful message to propel us to look at ourselves and to make a change.
How many of us look in the mirror and see our true reflections? I’m not talking about outward blemishes, but inward character flaws. These blemishes require more than over the counter or prescription remedies.
Our looking-glass first and foremost has to be the reflection of the Word of God. When you peer into the Word of God, who gazes back at you? Is the acne of lying, jealousy, selfishness, envy, self-centeredness, hatred, and arrogance ruining your spiritual complexion? Have you noticed any discolorations caused by your lackadaisical attitude and inability to trust in God and step out on faith?
Are you practicing a daily cleansing regimen of washing yourself in His Word and exfoliating with prayer, fasting, meditation and consecration? When was the last time you applied the Word of God to cleanse your spiritual pores of all the strongholds that clog them up? Do cakes of makeup prevent you from really getting to know the authentic person created in God’s image? How often do you sift through the looking-glass of God’s Word to remedy the issues that causes unwanted wrinkles from worry, fear and anxiety?
There comes a time when you have to make a change. These changes all begin with you. It begins when you take a critical look at who you are in Christ, and begin to apply the true cleansers, purifiers and beautifiers only God’s Word can do. It is then that the image in the mirror illuminates with the glowing power of Christ’s image and God’s glory.
Make the change. You’ll be glad you did. The world will definitely be a better place for it.
- Embracing God’s commandments is the first step towards transformation and changing the reflection that gazes back at you. His commandments always includes loving Him, others and ourselves.
- You’re responsible for your own actions. No one else is responsible but you. The finger always has to point inward more than outward.
- God has given us the mandate to subdue, replenish, increase and take dominion in creating a better world for those amongst us and those coming behind us. Our lives are linked to each other as well as our success.
- We are to treat others as we would like to be treated. That means everyone who comes into your sphere of influence.
- Being on your best behavior is more than just when others see you, it’s even more important when its only you. If no one else sees you, God does and you see yourself. One thing for sure, you cannot escape you.
- Put forth effort to make a change every day. The only way true transformation takes place is that you have to make it a part of your daily routine. You have to be committed to change.
- When you change from the inside out, others will change around you as well.
- Change is lifelong. It is the constant of life. The more things change the more they stay the same.
- Change your attitude. Change your world. Improve your circumstances for you and others.
- Sacrifice and surrender is at the crux of change. The more you sacrifice in a state of surrender, the more you realize that the mandate on your life is bigger than you and exceeds you.
This is your 10th gift of the 12 days of Christmas.
Enjoy Your Gift!
The Bold Encourager
Business Encouragement Coach
Special thanks to Dennis Bratcher, CRI/Voice, Institute for excerpts. Visit this site for more in-depth information.
Thank you for sharing!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
About Jacqui ShowersJacqui Showers endeavors to shower the world with the rich life transforming blessings of the Word of God; thus empowering people to become all God envisioned so they can experience what God S.A.W.W. (Spiritual, Abundance Wholeness and Wealth). A sought after speaker, Jacqui evangelizes the Word of God and provides unboxed coaching through The Mentor Empowerment Institute (The ME Place), individual consultation, workshops, seminars, conferences, churches and other venues for individuals and organizations. Jacqui globally distributes her weekly Showers' Blessings Eblast Inspirations and hosts its annual “ Oh Break Out Experience," a life transforming Experience that encourages, edifies and empowers people to break out and experience the power, fullness and intimacy of God. Jacqui is presently finalizing her book that will be published in the near future. She is a ordained Elder under House of Prayer and Praise Ministries (HOPP) where she serves under Pastor Valorie Bennett. Most recently, she mobilized Southeast Michigan faith-based community for the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2010 Decennial Census. Minister Showers has been anointed as a spiritual midwife to assist others in birthing into their destiny in order to fulfill their purpose. She holds dear the love affair she and God share that is totally beyond compare. For speaking engagements, she can be contacted at email@example.com or visit the website at www.theshowersgroupministries.com.
Posted on January 3, 2016, in Prayers For Success, Showers' Blessing Inspirations, Showers' Blessing PIcSpires, Wisdom Wealth & Riches w/Jacqui and tagged 12 Days of christmas, aspire, blessing, business, christmas, coaching, dreams, encouragement, family, Father, gift-of-His-presence, health, Inspiration, jacqui-showers, Jesus, living, Mentor-Empowerment-Institute, prayer praying business spiritual professional health living inspiration blessing showers encouragement aspire, prayer-for-success, praying, professional, pursue-your-passion, Showers-Blessing', Spiritual, The-Me-Place, the-showers-group-ministries. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.