Passion of commitment is being willing to suffer all in order to effect change. You have to be impassioned enough to make a difference. You don’t want to idly waste away precious moments, time, talent and influence without ever tapping into the inherent passion that resides inside of you. Commitment to passion has its lessons as it spurs you forward to victory.
- You have to do it when you don’t want to and when you do. Success has nothing to do with doing it when you feel like it; it has all to do with you are committed to doing it. Regardless of your feelings, you must do it. It is not emotionally-driven, but you make a concerted decision to surrender your emotions so you can do what is necessary for your success.
- People may love you one minute and despise you the next. People will stand with you during the good times, but when things become difficult they may be the very people saying to crucify you. Recognize that when you make the commitment, you can’t become so caught up with people you lose sight of your assignment.
- You have to be willing to die for something greater than yourself. Your commitment has to be driven by passion to carry the cross of the assignment. You are going to confront some difficult and painful times. You have to understand that the passion that drives your commitment supersedes you and is bigger than you.
- You have to go through, but you can never give up. Not giving up cannot be an option or you will always give up. It is easy to give up, it takes courage and guts to endure. Regardless of the complexity or the brutality of the assignment you have to keep moving forward and not give up.
- You must embrace the art of forgiveness. Along the way you are going to be hurt and betrayed by some of your closest confidantes. You have to forgive. Not forgiving will prevent you from moving forward. Harboring all those bad feelings will be detrimental to your success. Let go of them, so you can be set free to passionately pursue the assignment.
- Those who exclaim the loudest they are for you, may not stand with you. When you look around you may be standing all alone. Sometimes those trumpeting you the loudest may not be there when the going gets tough. They may be consumed with fear causing them to move away when circumstances get a little tenuous. Learn to embrace them anyway and help them to move past that place of fear. They are for you, but they need encouragement.
- Your vision and dreams never die, because they can always be resurrected with new life, vigor and fervency. Never abandon your dreams. They may appear to be dead, but they are not dead. Regardless of how long those dreams may have been buried, dust them off and begin to live them.
- You will be victorious in the end. Hold on to the fact that you will win in the end. If you focus on the victorious finish and not the laborious process, you will be strengthened every step of the way even when it seems you are going it alone. Your relentless tenacity and persistent diligence will enable you to endure to the victorious finish.