Monday Matters | Showers’ Blessing Inspires | Jacqui Showers
When you begin to believe that Monday matters, it is going to make all the difference to how successful your week will be. Incorporating these habits into your week will cause you to take authority over your week. Monday matters to your success. How you begin will determine how successful you finish.
- Wake up early. Kick your week off right by waking up early. This provides you time to meditate, exercise and spend time with God. It also enables you to clarify your goals, plan out your week and take authority over your week. Successful people wake up early and take authority over their day. If you are striving to be successful, set your clock to wake up early.
- Pump up your mind. You have to immediately get your mind ready to achieve great things. Repeat statements like, “I refuse to be unhappy today. This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. There is nothing I can’t do as long as God is on my side.” Visualize yourself being successful. You can write at the top of your day in bold letters, “Success!” Also visualize completing each assignment with a stamp of success on each one. Read material that puts you into a positive mindset and expands you to achieve success.
- Pump up your body. You have to take care of yourself. Make sure you eat healthy and exercise. The only way you’re going to be successful is to take care of yourself. Meditate on positive stimuli to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle such as this prayer for success on establishing a healthy lifestyle. Factor in exercise at least 3-7 times a week to function at your optimum level and to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Incorporate rest and relaxation. Restful sleep is important. Make sure you get the necessary sleep you need to stay on top of your game. Strive for 6-8 hours a day. Sleeping will enable you to wake up every day with renewed vigor to succeed. Along with sleep, factor in time just to relax or enjoy others company. Balance is the key for your success and factoring in sleep and relaxation is all a part of your establishing a successful week.
- Move beyond yourself. Realize that you woke up with a blank week not only for yourself, but to know what you can do for others. Include in your planning opportunities to do something good for someone else. A simple phone call to encourage someone goes a long way. Take someone out to lunch, just to brighten their day and it will brighten yours as well. Provide encouraging words to co-workers, clients or business associates by email or on social media. Just be a reservoir of encouragement every day.