Sounds like semantics to me. But it is not and you can easily think that you are operating in excellence when you are actually a perfectionist. If you always want things to be perfect and find yourself never completing anything, then you guessed it that is perfectionism. If you give it your very best and know when to release it that is excellence. Determine for yourself where you are.
- Many of us suffer from the debilitating limitations of perfectionism when we think we are actually exhibiting a spirit of excellence. You want everything to be perfect and you never complete anything. There is a difference between the two of them. Don’t get deceived there is a close alignment— however, one uplifts (excellence) and the other condemns (perfection).
- Striving for excellence you may sometimes fall short of your goal, but you don’t stay down. You get up, access your mistakes and keep moving forward. A perfectionist lives in constant condemnation, but when you strive for excellence you realize erasers were created because you would make some mistakes. It is called being human. Sometimes you may miss the mark, but you realize that you always have another chance to get it right.
- You must also recognize that there is a difference between striving to be perfect versus endeavoring to perform with excellence. Achieving perfection is an impossible task because it never makes allowances for errors or missteps. Consequently, condemnation and discouragement often follow one’s pursuit of perfection because these unrealistic expectations lead to feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy.
- The challenge is knowing when you have crossed over from performing with a spirit of excellence to operating in perfectionism. Perfectionism is fear-based and excellence is faith-based. Perfectionism always grips you with fear. You are always concerned that you never get it right. Consequently, you don’t even when you do because all you can see is the negative connotations and not the positive ones.
- Perfectionism impedes your progress. Excellence propels and sets you a part for greatness. You no longer operate in a place of self-services, but you move into serving others. Recognizing the dichotomy of how these two forces operate enables you to move beyond the limitations of perfectionism and propel forward with the illimitable liberating spirit of excellence.
How do you view yourself? Do you find yourself never completing tasks or feeling as though you never get right? Or, are you able to let it go and move on?
Locating, writing, affirming, planning, promoting, marketing, managing, leading, mobilizing and celebrating is the victory inherent in the vision within the vision on your road to success. Meet me nightly @ 11:59—A Minute ‘til Midnight Prayer Call as you take quantum leaps to accelerate the realization of vision. #showersblessing #IDECIDED #vision #victory #marketplaceministry #prayer
Victory: Vision Within Vision
11:59 A Minute ’til Midnight Prayer Call
A Marketplace Mandate 2015
Prayers for Success Boot Camp
Call in @ 11:59 p.m. nightly
Monday Feb 2 to Sunday Feb 9
CALL IN: 209.647.1600
Business Encouragement Coach
Submit prayer requests or praise reports to http://bit.ly/PrayReqSM