The “True Love” mentioned in the song doesn’t refer to an earthly suitor, but it refers to God Himself. The “me” who receives the presents refers to every believer. The first Five Books of the Old Testament, known as the Torah or the Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, which gives the history of humanity’s sinful failure and God’s response of grace in the creation of a people to be a light to the world. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt 5:14-16 (KJV)
Lovelights of the Marketplace
We are the love-lights that have sent to brightly illuminate the marketplace every single day. Most notably, we are sent into our respective workplaces to be those shining lights drawing people to God. A light gives off warmth. It is not dull but brings illumination of the liberating power of God’s Word.
As those love-lights, every dark place we enter the atmosphere is transformed. It is not about being a Bible-thumping zealot, but it is to exhibit compassionate love to all that comes into our sphere of influence. Now more than ever, we must be even more vigilant in spreading love and good cheer in our respective workplaces. People need the Word, and they want it, even though sometimes they act as though they don’t.
Those five golden rings of the Pentateuch begin with Genesis where God creating man in His image and breathed the breath of life in him. God went even further to instruct humankind to subdue, replenish, increase, and take dominion of the earth. Even though man faltered in the process, God had already created a plan to reconnect man back to Him.
In these five books, God outlines in meticulous details every blessing for us to increase in wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, and knowledge as we give reverence to Him guided by the Holy Spirit. There is nothing that God would not do for us and would not give us. He has placed so much greatness inside of each of us to become everything He envisioned so we could experience what God saw—spiritual, abundance, wholeness, and wealth.
Every day God expects us to tap into the well-spring of skills and talents that He has placed inside each of us. Moving forward on the path to success, below are five golden nuggets I’d like to share with you:
- Obey God’s commandments. When you obey God’s commandments there are always corresponding blessings chocked-full of opportunities that manifests in your life.
- Believe in the veracity of God’s Word and use it every day to transform your mindset to overcome a life of limitation and embrace an abundant life of prosperity.
- Establish a life of prayer and fasting. There is no other way to become more in tuned to what God has for your life. These two disciplines, when coupled together, enable you to overcome negative strongholds and habits that have prevented you from experiencing success.
- Do not just be a hearer of God’s Word but be a doer as well. Your success is sealed when you augment God’s Word with your corresponding actions. You must do more than just repeat it, but you must live it out every day.
- Without faith you cannot please God. You should be increasing in faith every day. The only way you can do that is through studying his Word, praying, and fasting as part of your daily and weekly regimen.
I do hope that you enjoy this gift of love on the fifth day of Christmas. It is my desire that these words of encouragement will propel you further down your path of success.
Enjoy Your Gift!
The Bold Encourager
Business Encouragement Coach
Special thanks to Dennis Bratcher, CRI/Voice, Institute for excerpts. Visit this site for more in-depth information.